When your body is tweaky, it requires finesse to work out. You want to grow strong but not push so much that you end up in pain. In this series, we’ll use Pilates, yoga, and mindfulness to learn what your body needs to be strong, mobile, and graceful.
Here are the links for your December classes.
Zoom Password: Movement
If you have trouble logging in, you can text me at: 608-278-9160
- Tuesday, Nov 30 @ 11:00: Zoom link
- Tuesday, Dec 7 @ 11:00: Zoom link
- Tuesday, Dec 14 @ 11:00: Zoom link
- Tuesday, Dec 21 @ 11:00: Zoom link
- Tuesday, Dec 28 @ 11:00: Zoom link
How to set up
- If you haven't used Zoom before, plan to log in 5 or 10 minutes early the first time. This gives you time to test your audio and your setup.
- Most people find it hard to follow a class on their phone; the screen is just too small. If you have the option, try using a laptop, tablet, or monitor so you can see my demos easier. Set up your screen so you can easily see it from your yoga mat.
- This class doesn't require specific props but if you have some, they can be handy. The most common ones are a Theraband and yoga strap (or towel, belt, or towel).
If you have questions, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, Nov 30
In this class, you'll work with connecting your belly to your arms and legs.
Tuesday, Dec 7
Today, you'll find the deep, low belly. When you can find this sensation, it helps you stabilize the pelvis and release the hip flexors.
Tuesday, Dec 14
The movements of the legs include flexion and extension, abduction and adduction, and rotation. Today you'll focus on finding the deep source of leg rotation.
Tuesday, Dec 21
Stabilizing the shoulder blades gives the arms strength. Today you'll focus on stabilizing the shoulder blades, whether the spine is neutral, flexed, or extended.
Tuesday, Dec 28
The spine has many movements and it is enjoyable to feel them. However, sometimes the doorway to sensing the movement is to feel the stability. Today we play with both.